THE COMMUNICATOR AWARDS IS COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY. We understand that the information we collect about you is your information, and we intend to keep it that way. We collect information from you in the following places on our website for several different services and site functions outlined below.
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
The following information about you is collected for several different services and website functions as outlined below:
CALL FOR ENTRIES
When you submit an entry(ies), we need to know your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, URL, company, title, client (if applicable) and credit card information (if applicable). This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you if you are honored for an award.
THE COMMUNICATOR AWARDS NEWSLETTER
When you sign up for newsletter, we collect only an email address to deliver the requested information.
TELL A FRIEND NOTIFICATIONS
When you request a notification to be sent to your friend, we ask you for your name, email address and your friend’s name and email address. We do not use this information for any other purpose than to send your friend notifications about The Communicator Awards.
CONTESTS AND PROMOTIONAL FEATURES
We also collect the following technical information about you when you visit our website: modem speed, login id, password, the prior website you visited, the following website you visit, the time you spend browsing the site, the number of banner advertisements you click, keyword searches you conduct, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, your browser type, your operating system, your computer type, your Internet service provider and time stamps.
How can you edit your personal information?
You may change your personal information at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and describing the changes you would like to make.
How does The Communicator Awards protect and store customer information?
When you place an order or access your account information, we provide a secure server with secure server software (SSL) that encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. All of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access using industry-standard methods to secure our electronic databases.
What about “cookies”?
A cookie—a small text file placed on a user’s hard drive—is generated by a software application on a site’s server. We use temporary session cookies to assign to you and store a SessionID on all secure pages, These cookies allow you to move uninterrupted between areas of our secure site. This SessionID is not personally identifiable to you and this type of cookie does not leave any retrievable information on your hard drive. We also use a third party service provider to collect non-personally identifiable IP addresses and entry-point and search form information to monitor the number of visitors to the site and the usage of our site. This is done through the use of both permanent and session cookies.
We use a session cookie on our site to determine whether or not you are accepting cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can still use most of the features on our site.
HOW DOES THE COMMUNICATOR AWARDS USE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
1 To promote use of our services to you and others. For example, if we collect your information when you visit our website and do not sign up for any of the services, we may send you an email inviting you to sign up. If you use any of our services and we think you might benefit from using another service we offer, we may send you an email about that. In addition, we may use information we collect in order to advertise our services to you or suggest additional features of our services that you might consider using. In addition, we may use your information to advertise our services to potential or other users like you. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email we send.
2. To provide the services we offer. We use third parties (including contractors and service providers) to provide targeted mailing and advertising services. We may share your information with such third parties solely for the purposes of obtaining services from such third parties. When we share your information with these third parties, we take steps to protect your information by requiring these third parties to enter into a contract with us that requires them to use the information we transfer to them in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
3. To send you informational and promotional content in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
5. To respond to your comments and questions, to communicate with you about your account, and to provide customer support.
6. To enforce compliance with our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners or customers. This may include developing tools and algorithms that help us prevent violations.
7. To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
8. To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
Data retention and erasure
Information we collect may be retained for as long as needed to fulfill legitimate business purposes, or for a period of time specifically required or allowed by applicable regulation or laws. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide services to you, you can withdraw your consent or request that we erase your information by contacting email@example.com. Please note that if you request erasure of your information, we may retain some of your information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention, and to comply with our legal obligations. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time (and in all cases within 30 days of receiving a request).
We do not store your credit/debit card information on our servers and only use such information to complete your transactions on the website. All credit/debit card transactions are processed by our third party payment processor, Authorize.net
Safety of Minors
Our services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. “Minors” are individuals under the age of 13 (or under a higher age if permitted by the laws of their residence). We do not knowingly collect personal data from Minors or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal information from a Minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice of Breach of Security
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects your information, then we will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Note that any Do-Not-Track instructions from your browser or similar mechanism will not affect our collection of the data that you voluntarily provide to us through such means as browsing our website, signing up for any of the services, or entering personal information on our website.
Privacy Shield (relevant to our EU customers)
Under the Privacy Shield Framework, we are subject to the authority of the Federal Trade Commission. If you have any questions or concerns relating to our Privacy Shield certification, contact us via email at email@example.com. If we are not able to resolve your concern, you may also contact your European Data Protection Authority or Commission or seek assistance from our designated Privacy Shield independent recourse mechanism, JAMS, at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to pursue binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield Framework, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles.
2. To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
3. To transfer your information in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganization, acquisition, or related negotiation. If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our business, this may involve us disclosing your information to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers. If such transactions are consummated, they may include, but not be limited to, the sale or transfer of all or substantially all of our assets, including, but not limited to, our email distribution list and your personally identifiable information.
4. Finally, we may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party service providers. These statistics will not include any personally identifiable information.
The Communicator Awards welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. You may contact us at:
2000 Ashland Drive
Ashland, KY 41101